Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Where to?

Being back home is slowly taking it's toll. The reality that life is not filled with Christians and good people hits hard. The lack of sleep is taking over me. Who knew life could change so much over the course of the week. I am sitting in session one night in Tennessee and Jayson French gets up on stage to talk about graphics ministry and all the sudden I feel this urge to talk to him about this before I leave. I get up of Friday morning and meet with him for a few minutes, honestly I don't know why but I did. He gave me some details, some information, and some people to contact to learn more about graphic ministry. I never wanted to go into ministry I always felt it in the back of my heart but I became a pro at ignoring it. But bam without me even realizing it I began pursuing it. I am in contact with the lead graphic artist for Christ in Youth. She is answering my questions, giving me directions, helping me out, and encouraging me. I have never even seen a picture of this woman but this relationship is exciting to me. I am so anxious to dig deeper and know more about this field. It just seems to me to be something I have been looking for for a long time and I didn't even see it coming. This has also led me to look into applying for an internship at Christ in Youth next year it would put me on the road 12 weeks of the summer but right now it seems so right. I guess it is up to God how it turns out. Yesterday I read this awesome awesome book by Louie Giglio called i am not but i now I AM. It is all about the fact that God is and we are not, we are but footnotes in God's Story, and I can't even explain it but WoW. I have been engulfing literature lately and the thing that amuses me is I haven't even attempted to get my hands on the new Harry Potter book. I am digging into Christian works and they are so engrosing. I started now reading SexGod by Rob Bell and it is pretty much awesome as well. Rob Bell is such an effective communicator to the contempory crew his message is put into ways that blow your mind and make you look at everyday life differently. Random fact: I rode twenty miles on my bike tonight for the heck of it...but it did provide some good thinking time.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Ok, I think all of this is incredibly cool and exciting, but you haven't even bought HP yet??? What the heck? :-p