Monday, June 11, 2007

Birthdays, Parades, and Family Time

I had a busy but very enjoyable weekend. Friday night I had to umpire little league in Atlanta I had to do it again tonight. Sometimes parents can get a little rough but all in all it's a pretty easy paycheck. Saturday I hung out all afternoon went shopping for awhile and then met my friends in Morton. It was Kelsey's birthday so we went downtown Peoria for dinner. We ended up at Texas Roadhouse it was good and a lot of fun. Sunday was busy. I started the day at church. I ended up helping our youth group with a lunch fundraiser, making food and boxing lunches. It was nice to catch up with some of the kids and sponsers I hadn't seen much throughout the year. In the afternoon Kelsey wanted me to go to the Turkey Festival so I did. I am not a big fan of fairs/carnivals, I don't really know why but still. We watched the Parade. Some little girl kept stealing my candy I was getting upset. Do you think they have fairs like this in other parts of the country? You know the kind where the big atractions are the antique tractors, horse riders, and the float made by the local church? The whole concept is a little odd to me but very small town I guess. Brad and Lori were in town so we spent the entire evening at the Gassers with the family. I love doing this. I was a little bummed that we couldn't go until late though because most of the family had left. Grandma and the Fender's were still there though so I got to see them and baby Clayton. I really look forward to family gatherings I miss seeing my family. I had a lot of fun just hanging out and catching up and it was nice to see the Class family. Today has been a long day I was in Atlanta from 6:00 in the morning until 8:00 tonight, babysitting and umpiring. Jimmy came by tonight though so it was nice to see him, since he live in Charleston he doesn't come around much anymore so it is always a good suprise when he stops by. Bed...needs me.

Carrie Out

No comments: