Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Pleasures of Life

Today I didn't have to work and when I woke up at ten I was reminded of the simple pleasures of life. Extra Sleep is always a bonus. Or eating the first chip out of a freshly opened bag of potato chips. Driving with the windows down flying your arm out in the breeze. Having a song in your head or on your heart all day and then hearing it first thing when you turn on the radio. The way your body feels exhausted after exercising. Showering after a hot day. Eating a popsicle so slowly that it starts to melt down the stick. Holding a baby. Reading a book that you loved as a child. Sitting outside and looking at the night sky. Hugs from relatives you don't see very often. Getting a new magazine in the mail, in my case particularly you can't beat a new Sports Illustrated (I just recieved and read one today). Or how about laying in a hammock and listening to birds and such. The smell after the rain. Or even playing in the rain. Watching an old movie. Laughing until your sides hurt. Walking around smiling for no particular reason and then smiling some more because you know it makes people wonder. Hearing from an old friend. Having absolutely nothing to do for a day or even an hour. Having a home and clothes and food and family and everything else completely miraculous that we take for granted everyday.

By the way I have to go to State Farm park tomorrow to help watch the girls I babysit. This park is all about the water and between you and me....I really don't like swimming or the water too much at all. Should be an interesting day:)

Carrie Out

No comments: