Monday, August 24, 2009

Class Resumes

Rolled out of bed this morning at the ripe time of 10:30...that's later than I slept in for most of the summer. Twas grand. I loaded up my backpack and headed off to class. Modern Germany, what was I thinking? I don't remember signing up for my classes or why I picked what I did, but I have a random schedule. Anyways back to Modern Germany. My professor looks all of 12 years old. I'm sure he's at least like 25 but he looks 12 and talks in circles. At least he's energetic and German history is interesting. I think I'll give it a chance. After class I met coach and some of my teammates to eat at Tommy's with a recruit. I haven't eaten much since I've been sick, I settled for some broccoli cheese soup. Then I came back to my room and layed down. This whatever I have is making my body tired. Next class came at 2, Black Leadership/White Power, taught by everyone's favorite Old Man River. He was old as always and his lullaby voice was in full force, gets me every time. He was sniffing markers in class today to try and figure out why they didn't work and remarked that they "wouldn't get you high," it was funny. After that it was off to basketball we actually had enough for subs, which is a rare treat. We started out strong but by the second game we were tired. You could tell we weren't in shape but it was great to be with everyone again. I grabbed lunch at the DugOut then went to my teammates house to eat with them. I bought 9 of my text books online tonight for right under 50 bucks, I feel as if I saved mucho dinero and am proud of my efforts. I only have 3 I didn't get so I shall keep searching. Encounter was tonight the sermon was really good and I made an effort to talk to some new people. I remember how intimidating it can be to be there and know no one. Talked to my friend Jodi for awhile then it was back to here. Now I should go pretend to sleep.

Carrie Out

No comments: