Monday, August 31, 2009

Fall?

When did it turn fall? All the sudden the weather has drastically cooled down. I love autumn but I could use a few more weeks of shorts. Got up at the bright and early time of 10:30 today, still enjoying my sleeping in till classroom hours start. Headed off to Modern Germany. Once again I was interested, this is a good pattern. We discussed some readings I didn't read but I answered questions and participated exceptionally. It's amazing what an in class skim can teach you:) After class I ate some lunch, bean and rice burrito, yums. I then had an hour until my next class. I spent it talking, or more like arguing, with Kale. He loves the Brett Favre saga and how it has confused my entire being, ha. I could not tell you what we discussed at all in Old Man Rivers class today. But once again he took to calling me out by name in class, luckily this time it was simply social. After class got over I needed some stuff so I walked to Walgreen's. Things at Walgreen's are expensive, I walked home and drove to Walmart. I actually was going to buy markers and colored pencils, such is the life of an elementary education major. I got my goods headed home and set to coloring a science poster. Now that's the kind of homework I like and will do. Then it was off to a basketball meeting. We had a trainer presentation, talked some things over and set our preseason workouts. Hello 6am running, yuck. We hit up cafeteria dinner next and it was suprisingly delicious, chicken broccoli cheese casserole, sooooo tasty. I showered and checked the mail I got four of my books today, hurray! Tonight's Encounter was neat we Skyped our partner ministry in the Phillipines. It was really cool. Erica, Brittany, Kaylene, and Jared all came to service tonight, they are all from my home church. I took them back to the campus house gave them a tour and introduced them to some people before I drove them home. I just got back in once again parking my car at the library, I look like such a dedicated student!

Carrie Out

No comments: