Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Education

I really did try to sleep last night...it didn't work out too well. Got outta bed and off to 9:25 class. I was actually almost looking forward to todays classes because I know everyone in them both since they are education courses. First came Teaching Science. The teacher seems really cool and interesting. I am hoping that holds true. Plus we played a game and she promised we get to color next class! We are also taking 2 field trips this semester, one to the zoo and the other to the Children's Discovery Museum, that's my kind of class:) I got my field placement today as well as a relief. I was placed in a Kindergarten class at Brigham Elementary, a Unit 5 school, both of which I wanted so I am pleased. The relief is that I use that placement for both my education courses and only have to log a total of 3-4 hours a week of classroom time, half of what I was thinking. I slept a little this afternoon although I wasn't planning on it, but I did feel better when I got up. Hit up the cafeteria for some lunch it was crazy, I'm hoping it slows down once all the freshman get settled. Then it was off to class number 2, Teaching Mathematics. This one may be a little hectic. I have heard the teacher is really nice but just not a good teacher. She has some sort of accent and talks in confusing circles. At least it is with kids I know so hopefully we can help each other. After class I called Jerred cause it's his birthday and then I called Lys. We talked for a solid hour, I guess this not seeing each other everyday leaves us a lot to talk about. By the way I have gotten mail each day I have been here and I am loving it, THANKS! I tried to buy some more books online and talked to Kale for a bit before grabbing dinner at the DugOut and heading to my teammates house. We hung out ate and watched 17 Again, which I enjoy. Now I need to start prepping for my day tomorrow!

Carrie Out

No comments: