Thursday, March 04, 2010

Free Dinner

Twas another Thursday full of learning. The morning was spent studying the civil rights movement. I am honestly a little shocked at how little my classmates know about it. I get that I am a bit of a history nerd but there are some major events I feel people should at least know about. Anyways we watched a documentary on Rosa Parks called Mighty Times, it was good told by her relatives and friends. It was similar to the Eyes on the Prize series I watched in my CRM class last year. We got out of class 5 minutes early which equaled no lunch lines, it was awesome. Had myself a little New York Deli sandwich and some Nacho bar, double yum. Then it was back to the learning. We had more presentations in fine arts today. The first one was on a blind painter, we got to practice being blind painters, it was sweet. I got paint on my finger tips and it turned my whole hands black. I literally had to wash them for 10 minutes to get it off, it was crazy. Then we learned about Louis Armstrong who I thoroughly enjoy. The last presentation was on Indian dances and we had to dance, always an adventure. We had practice at 4:30 today. Now that all the teams are here for the weekend we have timed practice and representatives that sit in on them so no one breaks the rules. After practice Coach ordered us in Avanti's for dinner because we never travel we convinced them to buy us dinner. Our NCAA tournament fund gets spent on nothing because we don't leave. The food was much better than cafeteria. I showered then went to the library for a quick minute to write a paper before Bible study. Bible study was on the good samaritan which is always good for discussion.

Carrie Out

No comments: