Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Learning

Tis been a busy Tuesday. Started off with 3 hours worth of Language Arts and Social Studies. We began with some reading of children's books in celebration of Dr.Seuss birthday. The teacher read us "Happy Diffendoofer Day!," as well. A lot of our focus today was on multicultural literature, specifically African American. We learned some stuff about Ruby Bridges which was neat. It was breakfast for lunch today so eating was enjoyed, then it was back to class for 3 more hours of fun. We did artist presentations today. I learned about Middle Eastern Mosaic and some kind of Spanish dance. We got to try out both of them which was cool. The crazy thing is apparently I am very good at learning Spanish dancing hah! I gave my presentation today too, I think it went well. I taught on Romare Bearden, read "The Block," and then had the class create their own collage. After class it led straight to practice which was a little slow. We were having a hard time going full boat but it will get better. I had dinner with Christina and Sean and eventually Karen, Britt, and Amy at the Dugout. I had a BBQ crispy chicken sub and it was awesome. Then I went to the library with Holly and Stacey. I had planned on writing a few papers I got one done and that was it. The rest of the time was spent picking out a t-shirt logo for our tournament shirts. I don't think there is any way we will get them in time, this should have been done a week ago. Anyways it was frustrating but I got a design done and will call around tomorrow for prices and time estimations.

Carrie Out

No comments: