Monday, March 01, 2010

Monday Already?

The weekends seem to be flying by around here. We won both of our games this weekend. It was exciting and now we are the undisputed champions of the CCIW. Yesterday was also a full day. I went home then to Pekin with Mom to get our phones fixed and look for new shoes. I found a pair of black dress shoes for teaching, I can finally wear my black pants! Then Mom dropped me off at Kelsey's and we went to Lincoln. We went to watch Alexis basketball game. It was her 9th birthday and we both were free so we decided we should go. The game was terrible but she appreciated that we came and it was good to see everybody. I got home just in time for youth. We studied Elijah and Elisha this week by ways of the cartoon Bible, the kids loved it. Trey got a 2010 Midnight Blue Mustang, I made him drive me around. I am extremely jealous, it's not becoming. Today I awoke at an unappreciated 5:30 am. I spent the morning cleaning machines, mixing cleaners, and reading smart people magazines. When I got off I was very tired so I slept. Got up at 11:30 met Karen and walked to Shirk. We all met up to watch the NCAA selection show online. We play Franklin College in the first round. Our guys got in the Men's tournament so we are all pretty excited. We went to lunch it wasn't too tasty. I spent the next 3 hours in the library, shocking I know. I had to find and research an artist. Then create a presentation, lesson plan, and activity to teach it to my class. I chose Romare Bearden, I love anything based in Harlem. I checked out a book called "The Block," using his paintings and Langston Hughes poems. It is fascinating I want to buy it. When I was done Karen and I went to Shirk and worked out until we met Sean and Christina for dinner. Post dinner called for the Bachelor finale which we all hated and then Encounter. Kale is talking to me and it's distracting so I must be off.

Carrie Out

No comments: