Thursday, August 24, 2006

So I just got back from going on a walk with Kristi, we went downtown and were just wandering around, well to shorten the story the next time we checked our watches we had been walking for an hour and a half and realized we had no idea where we were except that we were by Casey's. This we found extremely funny and had to call Kaylee to come pick us up, she brought us back to school which took five minutes by car, we got really far away some how. As I often say I am an excellent navigator:) Right now I am feeling a little sore not from the walk but from an hour of softball which led into an hour of full court basketball. My shoulder is tight but held up well throwing and shooting. I really enjoyed getting back into the swing of things and being active again. Classes today went okay, I have a health class two days a week and my teacher got this great idea that we shouldn't have health in a normal classroom but in our own space. This I am all for but the space we were given is on the third floor of university hall, that is the oldest building on campus it caught on fire this summer and the sweeping staircases are steep and contain 56 steps. Also the air conditioner is broke and we spent the block moving old musty furniture from the basement to the third floor, I was gasping for air by the time I hit the top. This building also contains a bell tower which for years has been said to be haunted so no one goes up there. Well I wanted to check this out so me and two other kids from class climbed two more staircases to see it. I didn't feel any hauntings and all that was up there was some dead birds and darkness, I am a little disappointed. I am coming home for the weekend tomorrow and am looking forward to it, but for now I need to brush my teeth.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to do this with no success. I am technically challenged--but I am thinking of you. Hope the week-end is good so you can enjoy it.
Love you,
Kathy