Monday, August 21, 2006

Welcome to day 2 and yeah I guess I am still hanging in there, just bored out of my mind. The downtime is killing me and making me a little homesick but once things pick up around here I am sure it'll get better. Classes start Wednesday so me and Kaylee walked around to find our rooms today they aren't too hard to find but knowing me I'll get lost! Softball doesn't start until Monday which is awfully late considering our first game is on the 2nd, oh well my shoulder isn't ready anyway. Both my roomate and Kaylee are leaving tonight and I am not ready to brave dinner by myself so I am either going to dinner with Alyssa or My mom. It's not that I'm not making new friends or being social, I sat at a random lunch table today and talked to some of the girl soccer players who were nice, but I'm just not comfortable without a wingman yet. Hopefully I will adjust as I make friends through sports and my classes, you all know I am not shy :). I did get an email from my old youth minister Mike today so that brightened my day. I can't wait until I am familar enough with campus and Lincoln to find my way around although me and Kaylee did tour the town today...it took about uh ten minutes, I know it's huge! Oh and I bought a portable DVD player yesterday and it is my new best friend I watched Billy Madison on it today, "Sometimes I feel like an idiot. But I am an idiot so it kinda works out" haha. Well that's it for now, hopefully the night will go well.

Carrie Out

No comments: