Friday, February 05, 2010

Full day Friday

I accomplished a lot of nothing at work this morning. My focus was broken. I read part of a novel for my class it's called "Heat," by Mike Lupica. I like juvenile literature and it's about baseball so it's not bad. After work I called the foot doctor to get new orthotics made. I was worried my coverage on getting them fixed had run out. I was very relieved that it hasn't. Then I made my way through the snow to dust my car off and head to 4th grade. The kids had a sub today so everything was a little hectic. It didn't help that they are always wound up on Friday's either. They spent almost all the time I was there doing ISAT prep tests. I hate that they learn that way. Got back and had 15 minutes to spare before I had to meet Christina for senior pictures. I grabbed a quick lunch and ate it very quickly. Then we took pictures, they are for the senior day game sheets. We decided that simply standing next to each other was too boring we took some funny one. I am interested to see how it turns out. We went to Karen's room for a bit when we were done instead of walking back home because we had early practice today. Practice wasn't bad and it actually seemed to go by quickly. After practice they ordered us pizza and we spent an hour and a half making "tie-blankets" to donate to the cancer center for chemo patients. When we were done we decided to go see the movie "Dear John," we drove halfway to the Starplex and then found out it was sold out. We went home waited a bit and then drove to the Galaxy to catch a later show. A group of my highschool kids were there so I stood in line and talked to them while we waited. The movie wasn't too bad. I am not a fan of Nicolas Sparks at all but I tolerated this movie, even if it was predictable.

Carrie Out

No comments: