Thursday, February 11, 2010

Long Day

Tis been a long day. Started off with a rousing two hours of teaching language arts class. We read some books and did some writing. All kinds of exciting. We did listen to some good music though by the Avett Brothers, check one of their songs out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDYq8-3wta0. Took a break for lunch grilled cheese and tomato soup, lovely snow day meal. Art class was held in the dance studio. We were nervous about this haha. It actually was quite fun. We had to do all these silly dances and then discuss how they could be used to enhance the language arts. We took imaginary journeys and pretended to be snowflakes. Then we moved into drama. We had to make objects out of our bodies, act out stories as they were read, and pretend to be props. All in all it was hilarious. We got out of class early. I ran home and changed my clothes then waited for Christina to pick me up. The whole team went to the Bloomington Cancer Center to donate the blankets we made. We toured the place and saw all kinds of treatment equipment. They can do some amazing things now. The money we raise this weekend and from selling t-shirts goes to support the cancer center. Then we headed straight back to practice. Coach Smith had to be at a recruits game so the assistants were in charge, it was interesting. I left early for class and spent most of the time lost per the usual. I am very tired right now, this is the first time I have been in my room all day and I think I may just go to sleep. I have a stress test first thing in the morning, hope it goes well.

Carrie Out

No comments: