Thursday, August 21, 2008

Improvement

Today has been a bit better. I got a call this morning saying the girl that was gonna move in is living somewhere else...sweet relief. I went to a workstudy meeting this morning hoping to get some info it was a waste of time and sleep. I came back and passed out I have a cold and haven't been sleeping well it was much needed. I went to register at 12 and ran into lots of speed bumps. I had to go to the registrars office they were very helpful and got me into all my classes without hitch. This is funny I took a Spanish placement exam yesterday after not having foreign language since Junior year. Well I guessed my way through the whole thing had no idea what I was doing and somehow tested out of having to take foreign language class. That was very exciting for me. I am enrolled in Chemistry Lab, Philosophy of Religion, Foundations of Education, and Creative Writing (you can only take 4 classes). I met a kid this afternoon who is also an el. ed. major, his name is Ryan and he's a football player. We hung out for awhile helping each other with class selection and just talking maybe I have made my first friend ha. This afternoon I went to the mall and met Lys, Ryker, and Taylor because they were in town. We had cherry icees and just chilled for a bit. I actually had some activities tonight the transfers had a pizza gathering thingy to meet each other, it wasn't bad. Then we went to this weird play/information thing that I didn't really enjoy. One of our group leaders named Becky is pretty cool though she's a senior and used to play basketball. I also met a potential softball teamate, Amy. I went to Shirk tonight with Amy to workout for something to do. I shot and rode this sweet virtual bike thing. Then I met up with Becky and we played pickup games with a bunch of guys for another hour, it was fun. I have blisters on my feet though. I have nothing tomorrow till 5 so who knows when bed will call. But for now...

Carrie Out

No comments: