Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wanderings

It's one week in and I am already feeling overwhelmed. I don't feel like I fit in here at all. I am not as smart as these kids or into the same things they are. I don't think I am good enough to play on the sports teams. I just feel out of place and awkward pretty much all the time. I hope it gets better and soon. I woke up this morning and finished off one of my reading assignments before heading to class. Class was alright we got lectured on how to go about this whole jr. high tutoring thing for Education class. Then I went and bought the rest of my books yeah for 300 dollar books...not. This afternoon was spent doing homework, more readings, and writing a paper. Gabby called me so I talked to her for awhile I miss Lincoln where everyone took care of me all the time. Growing up sucks, ha. Ate dinner with the team then headed to a team meeting. We went over our schedule and signed all our release papers. Then we met with the trainers and went through some speed testing stuff among other things. I found out I have a 19 inch vertical. Is that good?? Then we went through our weight program and did some testing in there. They were running through all these terms and weights and I have no idea what they were talking about. I get that feeling a lot like there are many things I am assumed to know yet I have no idea what's going on. I don't feel real comfortable asking the other students I don't want them to think I'm dumb so for now I will stay lost.

Carrie Out

No comments: