Monday, December 08, 2008

Reading Day!

Ahh reading day, a day of no classes but many a finals preparation. Woke up for glorious practice at 8 am. Not too early but early enough that the wind shield was still frozen and in need of a scrape. Practice wasn't too bad it wasn't te games and prizes we were told it would be though. Crazy coach. A quick shower, little nap, and light lunch followed. I then proceeded to work in the library for 2 hours of fun. My hard work was interrupted by friends coming in and out and talking to me though, dang distractions. At 3 I had to go to review for my philosophy final. I just have no interest in that class hopefully I do okay. After an hour review I grabbed a quick snack of a Gatorade and popcorn on my way back to the library. I worked for an hour more and successfully completed my entire creative writing portfolio. Two short stories, two poems, and an artists statement. Done, done, and done. It's a nice feeling but I still have a research paper due Friday I haven't started. Dropped my books off at my room then headed to the cafeteria to eat with my teammates. It was a welcome break from an afternoon of work, we had fun as usual. Tonight I have accomplished little of academic worth. I watched a Charlie Brown Christmas which I love, it was as good as ever. A few minutes Jingle All the Way the best worst acting ever, and some Intervention then I was out. Tonight was Encounter's Christmas service at the campus house. It was decorated with candles and white lights and the whole service was acoustic Christmas hymns and scripture reading. We took some communion as well it was a pretty service. Hung out with the crew then its back to dorm sweet dorm. I have no finals tomorrow just lots of studying and hopefully some paper work to do.

Carrie Out

No comments: