Monday, August 13, 2007

Chris Daughtry Rocks

So about how Daughtry last night was awesome. The concert was at the state fair grounds. Two of my friends (Jessie and Kelsey) went with me I made them buy tickets with me two days after they went on sale...I am a bit of a Daughtry addict. Well we got track tickets, which mean you are on the floor. We got pretty far up if I had to guess I would say we were 5-7 rows back slighty to the left of center stage. The only way it could've been better is if we could have pushed our way to the middle. We stood the whole time, as one would do with track seating, and I didn't mind it during the concert, but my legs and back did ache a bit on the walk back to the car. Oh and it was hot, not just midly hot, but scorching. Take into account the fact that it was pushing 100 degrees outside and then cram hundreds of people shoulder to shoulder, needless to say I was dripping but it was totally worth it. Running a little behind because of some school meetings we missed some of the opening act which was 12 Stones. I didn't care about them any way. But Daughtry was awesome. They sound so good live and put on a good show. Most artists sound good in studio but in concert leave a lot to be desired, this concert was not at all this way. He has such a distinct voice and sounds great to a live audience. He even did this cool thing where he sang through a mega phone, crafty. His band was good as well and has some pretty talented guitar players in it. One weird thing, this concert was full of old people, particularly middle aged women. Honestly what parents listen to hard rock music? My bet was that since they watch a lot of TV the y liked him on idol and now have become sort of groupies. A bit weird to me but whatever. They played all the songs on their first record and I willing sang along with everyone else, but also did two or three covers. The only one I can remember at the moment was and Alice in Chains song. I didn't get any good pictures. I don't have a digi and my friends forgot theirs in the car (after our mile hike to the grandstand...different story) so all I have are some phone pictures I am trying to figure out how to load onto the computer. I was showing them to Alyssa and Melody at Bible School this morning and Melody couldn't remember who he was and the pictures weren't too clear. I told her don't worry you'll meet him at our wedding:) I know he's married and all but whatever a girl can dream...and good dreams they are.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Well, hurry up and get the pictures on your comp so I can see them. Lucky!