Thursday, August 09, 2007

College Confusions

Summer is winding down, I don't know how I feel about this. I am ready to get back to school to see my friends and play ball...not go to class. I have enjoyed the freedom that is summer. Riding my bike, laying in the hammock, going to church, playing basketball in the driveway, and just hanging out. I also have loved the home cooked meals and have noticed I haven't been sick since I've been home which is a nice change from the pretty much biweekly illness you acquire in a dorm. College is a weird time, it's almost like you have two lives and they really don't interconnect much. I have my college friends and my home friends, college habits and home habits, it's just strange that's all when you consider you are the only thing that even ties these two groups. I went to dinner with Matt, Ryan, and Alyssa last night. I love doing this, these meals and get togethers are my favorite thing about any time off from school. With those two we have known each other for so long that we can go months without seeing each other but once we do we pick right back up from where we started. I like that, I like that they know my past and my present and have been a part of both, it's comforting. Ryan is going to school at South Eastern Florida University this year and I am a little wary of this. We didn't see each other too much during school last year but I liked knowing where he was, that he was close...I am really not digging this new found distance. I know he will be okay but still I am just not a fan of change. I can remember last year how nervous I was to move into school, how much I didn't want to go, and now this year I am looking forward to it. Maybe I am starting to grow up.

Carrie Out

No comments: