Thursday, May 14, 2009

Books

These weeks seem to drag and fly at the same time. I can't believe I'm almost or well pretty much a senior. I still feel 5...maybe cause I still act like it. Class this morning was spent reading some more Hispanic books. There is this one called "Skippyjon Jones," that I find hilarious for some reason. It's just a funny book. I love that most of the books that are in English have Spanish words thrown in. Makes me wish I was fluent in the language not just knowledgable. Anyways headed to work for the afternoon right after class, grabbed lunch to go at Tommy's and planted myself at the desk. I read the rest of "Naomi Leon," good stuff. After work I headed to the library to get some info for an "author spotlight," I made my group choose Walter D. Myers because well I love his stuff. I was suprised when reading through his list of books I have read a large sum of them. Next I went to Borders. I feel like I could spend days in book stores there is so much to look at. I was doing a survey of the childrens lit section for my class. We had to check out the multicultural books and authors to figure out how available they are mainstream. I didn't find many picture books but they had lots of young adult novels about all kids of cultures. Sarah and I had made plans to hit the Constitution Trail so I met up with her and off we rode. It was a beautiful day out and the nature twas lovely. There were these milk cartons hanging on trees with something yellow in them (anyone know what they are?) we decided they were dragon feeders. After an hour ride we met Hope and Holly for dinner it was gross. I rode around some more after dinner cause it was so nice out. I had discovered earlier my bike lock was broke so I pretend locked it up then went to WalMart. I had nothing pressing to do so I browsed the store and checked out the books there too exciting. Now I am a little tired and feeling like laying down.

Carrie Out

No comments: