Thursday, May 07, 2009

May Term

Ahh back to school. I actually came back Tuesday but just didn't write, oops! My May term class I am taking is called Multicultural Children's Literature. My advisor is actually the teacher, she's a nice lady. I go to class from 9-12, that's a long time to focus, luckily she gives us a 20 minute break. I'm thinking this class is pretty sweet so far. We read children's books everyday for half the class. Picture books, pop-up books, ABC books, anything, it's awesome. Yesterday I was bored at work and read one of the 2 novels we have for that class and it was good too. Everyday we are read aloud to as well, I like it. We even are taking 2 field trips. I feel like I'm in grade school again ha! I am also working 15 hours a week at Shirk. So far I am finding myself insanely bored but as mentioned reading books. It may actually be a good thing, it will force me to do the readings. I even took notes on our textbook today, I don't read textbooks. I am a bit worn out right now. Tonight 6 of my teammates and I went to the DoubleTree Hotel and babysat for children of some kind of Bromen Hospital employees. Our assisstant Coach Tasha works there and asked if we'd help. So from 4:45-8:30 the 7 of us watched and wrangled about 25 kids from infants to 11 year olds. They were fun and we were enjoying chasing them around and playing with them. Plus we got a free dinner. Free food and kids, what's not to love! But as previously stated I am a bit tired so to bed I said.

Carrie Out

No comments: