Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer Softball

Is it summer yet? Cause it's sure feeling like it and I'm ready to be done with class. Today we read some stuff, big shock I know. We have moved into Asian American literature. I read about Japanese internment camps and baseball. For some reason I have always found that topic interesting. We also had a big discussion on the Americanization of Asian-Americans and how some of them change their name either forced by some one or in an effort to fit in. We started a new novel called "Blue Jasmine," it is about a teenage girl whose father is a biologist and moves to Iowa to work. She leaves her family behind in India and so far it's been a good read. After class I grabbed a quick lunch the ever favorite "breakfast at lunch." It's so good french toast sticks, sausage links, hash browns, and OJ, yum yum. Too bad I ate it in .5 because really I was supposed to be at work, oops! Then it was off to work. I spent it doing homework and being bored. It was so beautiful I wanted to be outside. Walked home and changed then headed to Sondgeroths for the big softball game. They have a rental car a little Yaris we drove it to Lincoln with 5 people in it, we picked up Trey on the way. The game was a blast per usual and we lost 22-0 per usual. I got a lot of kids my age-ish to play so it was enjoyable to be with each other and just have fun. Then we made our post game DQ run which is always delicious. Back at Sondgeroth's Troy helped me "fix" my car. The tailpipe was dragging completely so for now he just took it off, it's in my trunk. Went on a few go cart laps with Taylor then headed back here. I missed the begining of SVU and I'm not too excited about it but what I saw was solid. Two weeks is the finale and some one dies, I can't wait. Lys called and I am OFFICIALLY hired at MCC, yeah! I'm ready to get started....not that I haven't already:)

Carrie Out

No comments: