Sunday, November 01, 2009

Thuriturunday

I did a lot this weekend and well now I would like to write it all down:)

Thursday night we carved pumpkins at Bible Study. It was a lot of fun. Stacie picked out the biggest pumpkin for me to do cause she just thought I would like it. That sucker was tough, it took forever to get it cut open but after that it was smooth sailing. I gunked it all out then carved a boo ghost into it it was cool. We even cooked the pumpkin seeds for a little snack. Love it.

Friday was an all day event known as Alyssa and Sam's wedding. It was a great day with a lot going on. I have never been that in on a wedding and it was nice to be a part of. We had lunch in the afternoon, then rehearsal, and some last minute things. Ryan flew in in the morning so I got to spend some time with him which always makes me happy. We split up in the late afternoon for showers then came back to the church for dinner which was yummy. I didn't get dressed until the last possible minute cause I love sweat pants. I chilled in the dressing classroom with Beth and Lys and pretty much just did whatever they wanted. Matt and Ryan came back to the church a little later so the three of us spent some time just sitting around and catching up. I finally got dressed about 10 minutes before I had to assume my post at the guest book. The sanctuary was decorated really pretty and the lights were all turned down. Lots of people came, the boys were the ushers with Troy and they were cracking me up. They were pretending to be a mortuary company because they said that is the only time men dress alike, dorks. When we finally got everyone in and seated Matt, Becca, Ryan, and I were left to fill the last seats in the sanctuary...the very back. The ceremony was really nice and emotional. At one point in time Ry turned to me and said "this whole thing is kinda weird." I know exactly what he meant, it's a lot to take in with what she/we have gone through. I think it will still take some time to sink in. The reception was spent talking to Ry, Matty, and Becca cause they are awesome. I like Becca more every time I see her, she's great for Matty. Soon enough everyone headed home. I had to say goodbye to Ry which I hate, he flew back to Florida tonight:( Then I helped clean up and write down gifts as they opened them because I could before heading back to school.

Saturday morning started off with practice, first one in 7 days. I am grateful it was a pregame practice cause I don't think I could have taken a full boat one. I was huffing and puffing but I knew I would be. The girls all wore their Halloween costumes to the beginning of practice per coaches orders. They went as Disney movies: Seniors/Toy Story, Juniors/Aladdin, Sophs/Pooh, Fresh/Incredibles. Their costumes were all homemade and turned out really good. After practice we all went to the cafeteria for lunch with a bunch of recruits. I lost my brand new ID and still haven't found it, luckily coach had meal tickets. After lunch it was shower time. I honestly have no idea what happened all afternoon. I did nothing I didn't sleep, didn't watch tv, didn't play on the computer, didn't listen to music, didn't do homework. It was strange I just looked up and it was 4:45 and time for me to go I had lost 4 hours to who knows what. At 5 I went to the girls house and we loaded up to go trick or treating for canned goods. My group was Nikkie and Stacey. It was a lot of fun we enjoy doing things like that and plus we got some candy along the way. We dropped off our cans and the upperclassmen all decided we were going to hit up Chipolte for free burrito day. We loaded up and headed out only to find the line going across the parking lot, we opted for Meatheads instead. Dinner was enjoyable and we spent a lot of time laughing. We decided to spend the rest of the night watching a scary movie. Stacey suggested "The Last House on the Left," I suggest you never watch it. It wasn't scary it was utterly disturbing and just weird. By the end we all got a good laugh out of it but...just don't.

Today I woke up and headed to Shirk. Since it was early Sunday morning and we didn't have church you know we had to fit in our good deed. Once again we folded towels for Tony. We scrimmaged at ICC today. The gym was freeeeeezing cold, we warmed up in our sweatshirts. The game was five ten minute quaters. I played a little, I didn't think I would since I hadn't practiced all week. I think it got us all in the mood for games, I like bus rides, warm-ups, and the whole thing. So much better than practice. After the game we went to the Cotners for a home cooked meal. Pulled pork, veggies, cheesy potatoes, brownies, and a chocolate fountain. All delicious and enjoyable, much better than cafeteria. We got home at about 3:45 and I parked myself in front of the tv. I was in for a rough football game today Brett v. Packers AT Lambeau. I missed the beginning which is for the best I heard they booed him, I'm not okay with that. The game started as a blow out but turned into a real game. Best part though was when Greg Jennings (Packers WR) got hurt on the Vikes sidelines and Favre was bent over him talking to him trying to help him. I think sometimes a lot of the drama surrounding this whole thing is simply the media, I like to pretend we are all still friends:) It makes me sad to watch Favre get all torn up over the Packers in interviews I can't watch them. I have a slight love for him ha. The rest of the night was spent writing a book review on "Hitler's Thirty Days to Power," not my best work but it's done and done is good enough!

Carrie Out

No comments: