Thursday, January 07, 2010

Return of Me

I have returned! With the onslaught of finals, the holidays, and basketball I left the world of internet behind for a bit, but now I am back. School started today, well actually yesterday, but with my new schedule I only attend class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They will be long days but the three days off will be nice and allow time to keep up. I was really hoping the snow would ward off class today but it did not, bummer. I technically have 4 classes but only 3 teachers, and every class is in the same room. Each teacher has a 3 hour block I think CLA 100 will become my new home. This morning I had teaching social studies and teaching language arts. Dr. Floriani teaches both of them so it really is up to her what subject we learn about about. Today was language arts. The class actually flew by. I really like her she is my advisor and taught my Childrens Lit class last May term. Doesn't hurt either that my classmatese are the same education majors from last semester either. After class I ate lunch with Karen and Britt, nacho bar day never disappoints. My afternoon class was cancelled due to weather, I planned to spend it relaxing, I planned wrong. My car was towed because I was apparently parked along a snow route. There is no parking lots for my dorm so I have to park on the street. Anyways it was a long and stressful afternoon of Stacey driving me around and attempting to keep me sane. We had to go to the police station where I payed 10$ to find out where my car was. Then I got a 50$ parking ticket. Next we had to go to Joe's Towing to get my car which was an adventure in itself. We got there and I realized I left my license at the police station. So after we got my car and I gave them 130$ we had to go back and get my license. This all took 2 hours and we got back just in time for practice. Practice wasn't too bad, I had to leave early for class. On Thursdays I have senior seminar class from 7-10pm. I was lost and confused the whole time but am trying to catch on. No class tomorrow but I do work in the morning so I'm going to go lay in bed.

Carrie Out

No comments: