Thursday, October 01, 2009

Blood

So definitely the most interesting part of my day came from the ever anticipated doctors visit. So I roll in early and I swear I sit in the waiting room forever. I am tired so I am just taking a little napsky in my chair. Then I get called in and do the usual with the nurse, throw out all my symptoms and wait. Then the doctor comes in and checks everything out and decides that I have the flu but it is too late to test for it. She also decides she wants to test for mono. If it's just the flu she said it should be out of my system in a few days since I have had it since Saturday. Anyways back to the mono test, I'm thinking no big deal, a throat swab and I'm out. But NO they gotta bring out the big guns, I detest needles. The nurse gets to work and I ask if we can take the blood out of my hand cause I hate things in my inner elbows. She's flicking all over both hands but can't find a vein. Finally I cave cause I am tired and wanting out of there so I tell her she can use my elbow. FIRST TIME EVER, this is a BIG deal. Anyways I tell her to be quick and I just turn my head and clench my fist. I am having to tell myself over and over to not hit her, I hate it that much. It wasn't even the needle it was the dumb swabbing of the cotton, that just creeped me out. But she pulls 2 vials and gets it done and all the sudden I'm incredibly dizzy. I black out I can't see anything, I'm sweating profusely, and my skin is ice cold. The nurse goes and gets the doctor and they lay me up on the table and put wet clothes on my face. I had to lay there for 10 minutes before I returned to normal, good times. Apparently I don't react well to having blood drawn. I drove back to school then and went to work. I half slept and got paid. Then I napped till class at 2:35. My classmates like to make all kinds of swine jokes, pleasant. I decided after class I was gonna drop by practice to see my teammates cause I miss them and they have been texting me all week, only practice was cancelled. I returned to my room and slept. Got up talked to Kale for a bit then went to Justin's for dinner and NBC Thursday TV. I went to Bible Study tonight because I miss people, I am a room prisoner, I miss real life. It was good then I came back here and laughed while talking to Ryan for awhile, cause he's awesome. Now rest calls.

Check out this song "Storm" by Life House it's good stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQS_kCKtUt8&feature=related

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Yep . . .I hear ya with the blood thing. I used to almost pass out too . . .now I still get dizzy, but after 3 pregnancies and constant blood drawing, I guess I finally got a TINY bit used to it. Still made me sick every time. If you ever want to have babies someday, though, you will have to do it all the time! Just sayin!