Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Christmas has come and gone. That's what I find confusing over the whole Holiday we go thru a month of hype and then the day comes and everything stops. I really like the Holiday season people are genrally kinder and more generous, but I don't get why that can't continue year round. Honestly anymore Christmas day isn't even what I look forward to the most, it is Christmas Eve. When I was a kid they were more equal, there was the excitement of Santa and more gifts. Growing up I think I have come to value the family time more than what I recieve. Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. I love piling into the family van and heading to Grandmas. I just love the atmosphere. Yes you're sitting on the floor and crammed into couches. Yes you are sitting shoulder to shoulder with people and its hot. Yes it gets so loud you can hardly hear yourself think and you stand in line for food. But I think that's what I like the best. It is one of the few places I can go and just feel surrounded by love and caring. Our family mat be big, talkative, and a little rowdy. But that's what makes it right, I would feel so out of place at a quiet dinner table. I love telling the same stories year after year and still laughing as we hear them. I love the simple entertainment we find in the gifts we recieve and the people around them. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy Christmas day I just think it's in a different way than I used to. I got lots of great gifts and things to take back to school. I enjoyed hanging out with the other side of the family and hanging out with my brothers. Somedays though I just wish the magic of Christmas didn't end and I got to spend that type of time with my family all the time.

Carrie Out

No comments: