Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Food

Ahh I have surpassed the halfway mark of the week. Went to BJHS this morning we had meetings with our head teacher. She told me what I already know, that my students are frustrating. No real shock there. Then I picked up my girl and we did math homework, yeah slope. Came home and changed but actually wore real pants all day, that's a rarity these days. Went to work where I did little work. I talked to Mal and Cols, and pretty much just messed around on the Internet. While getting paid, tough work. Drove my car back to the dorm then walked to the DugOut for lunch. This year I have uncovered a strong like of hummus. Who'd a thunk it? It's mighty tasty on Pita bread which I had along with some carrots, celery, and yogurt. Yummy bunny food. Headed to the library to watch a film for Civil Rights. Sat there for 1o minutes and Old Man River never came. We decided to go to the classroom and there he was, he handed back papers then decided we should go watch the movie in the library, ugh. The movie was on the Black Panther's interesting stuff. We got out late because we started late so I had 20 minutes before I had to go listen to a speaker. I decided to grab a smoothie from Freshens. Bad choice. Now I am no coinsurer, this was like my 2nd ever, but I don't think they are supposed to have fibrosis strings in them resembling fluffy dandelions. It was growdy. Then came my speaker Dan Brown he is an innercity teacher who wrote a book. He was actually really good, things like that just make me want to be done with school and have my own classroom. Met the teammates for dinner, pulled pork and baked potatoes then headed back. The night has been spent writing a paper on NCLB and the Olympia School district, engaging. Now I'm thinking a showing of the "Sandlot" sounds good.

Carrie Out

p.s. Mom I need a new toothbrush...I'm thinking Easter sounds good:)

No comments: