Sunday, April 19, 2009

Formal Fun

Team Photo Opt-Looking Fancy
Ahh a return to real life, the getaway was pleasant...albeit tiring. I am glad I went to formal I was debating it all week but it was a blast. We loaded up Saturday afternoon with the intent of leaving at 1:30. Didn't happen. The Bulls went into overtime and well, we just had to watch it. As much as I hate the NBA it was a good game. I rode to Springfield with Christina, Sean, Anthony, and Stacey. They were looking out the windows complaining about having nothing to look at. They just don't get central Illinois. Actually at one point Christina thought that these animals which were clearly white cows...were SHEEP. Are you kidding me?? We arrived at the Plaza at about 3:30 and the craziness began. We spent pre-dinner hanging out, goofing around, and watching the Cubs win. That was also a great game! Dinner was delicious some kind of chicken cordon bleu thingy and a chocolate cheesecake dessert. There was a dance floor but I never made it to it. Stacey and I spent the dancing time taking care of ailing teammates because we are givers like that. The night raged on as more and more people went down for the count. 6 of us survived the first round the longest and therefore are the champions of formal. We had so much fun just laughing and being dumb. We went to bed a little after 4 right about when the earliest passer outers were resurrected for round 2. It was noisy and the floor was uncomfortable but I think I squeaked in an hour or two of sleep. Got up early this morning for no reason and just hung out some more. Rode home with Nikkie and Devon although I do not remember the ride, I must've fallen asleep. I took a shower when I got home and it was the greatest feeling ever, seriously it was awesome. Slept for a while then woke up and Mom and Brent went to Alexander's with me for our basketball banquet. Dinner was delicious I did not like to slow cook my own steak though. We had a good dinner and I enjoyed spending more time with everybody. Mom and B went home and the rest of us went to Shirk to continue the banquet. We had letter awards, presentations, and a highlight film. We got some neat stuff but it was sad to finally have to put a cap on the season and label it as over. After the festivities it was straight to work which I zombied through. Now after my incessant ramblings bed sounds delightful!

Carrie Out

No comments: