Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Amelie!

I love Easter weekend. Full of relaxation, candy, and family good stuff. Even brought back the Easter egg hunt at Grandma's always a crowd pleaser. Stayed at home for the weekend and came back this morning. Went to BJHS and did my thing, I skipped observing again. I'm a rebel. Slept for a solid 2 hours this afternoon before class, anxiousness didn't let me sleep too well last night. Went to Civil Rights class and was bored out of my mind. Old Man River tells us to read things then spends the whole class time reading the same things to us crazy. After class I headed home to meet Mom and go see baby Amelie. I almost made it all the way there...then I had my first run in with the Officers of the law. Apparently I was speeding, which I do not deny, but I was not going as fast as I was told I was. I never speed and my brothers say I drive like a grandma but apparently the excitement had me in a hurry. I am now a felon with some fun tickets to pay my life away on. Mom and I picked up Aunt Kathy then went to the hospital. Amelie is in an incubator and oxygen hood so we had to go one at a time to see her. It was like staring at 9 lbs worth of answered prayers. It was the craziest feeling, so relieving, just seeing her move and breath and be big and healthy and just...perfect. All babies are miracles but this one just seems extra special. We talked to Jim and Amy for awhile then came back home. I had a quick dinner of Easter leftovers then back to school again. I went to Encounter which was good as always. This weeks hymn was "Because He Lives," another favorite. These words were particularly meaningful today: "How sweet to hold a newborn baby, And feel the pride and joy she gives; But greater still the calm assurance: This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!" And with that I must be off.

Carrie Out

No comments: