Thursday, April 23, 2009

I got a job!

It has been a great night and let me tell you why. I got a job!! But not just any job I am now the youth ministries intern at Minier Christian Church. I am beyond excited I will be getting paid to do what I love and hang out with some awesome kids. I'll get to go to CIY with my high schoolers and plan events and programs for all the kids. Crazy how God works sometimes. I kept looking up dead end jobs. Then 2 days ago Lys brings up something about an intern at MCC. I'm telling her yeah she could use one, help would be good, blah blah blah, and then she says she's talking about me. Where I wasn't even looking is where God was working, seems that happens a lot in my life, but grace is good. So yeah I'm excited. Onto the rest of my day. Woke up this morning and headed to work early to write a paper. Hammered it out in no time. Then I went to an athletic drug meeting, always a good time. We got to use these cool clicker things so I guess it wasn't too bad. Then back to work, I read magazines. After work I decided if I was going to get any reading or test prep done today I would need to rid myself of some energy. So I took off running, 4 miles later I called it a day. Mailed some letters for my class on the way home and grabbed a lovely lunch, fruit cup, water, and PB & J. Then to the library where I printed off some study guides among other necessities. I sat on my bed turned on some SVU for a short cool down and apparently fell asleep for a bit. I woke up to Mom calling my phone. After that I decided time to get back to work. I went to the library where I knew I could hide away and stay focused. I worked for an hour and a half grabbed a quick dinner then headed back for an hour. I planned out my entire Ed. essay and wrote out all my notes for it. Good work. Took a quick shower then headed to Kelseys. We went to see 17 Again tonight. It was a cute movie and I love Matthew Perry, so it was a winner. Plus the popcorn was tasty.

Carrie Out

No comments: