Saturday, March 31, 2007

Today was an okay day. I spent the morning doing homework and catching up on laundry. This evening I went to Bloomington with my family for dinner and shopping. But something important happend today. Jim and Amy had their baby, Sawyer James Rennie. When we got the news it was a little bittersweet, I had tears in my eyes. I am so happy that he is here and he is alive but I also know the rough road he has ahead of him. So far everything is going good he is responding well and looking healthy and this is great news. I am relived that everything is looking good and that the Doctors really think he is doing well. The outlook is very bright which is encouraging news. Even though I worry a little bit, for some reason, I have and have had since the beginning this overwhelming feeling that he is going to be okay, everything is going to be okay. Still if you could keep Sawyer and the family in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated, he is going to need a lot of stregnth. I am content knowing that he is in God's care and that his will will be done, regardless of what we can and can't do for Sawyer. All we need to do is love him and pray for him, he is in God's hands. I pray for the day that we can hold him and watch him grow. That we can see his smile and hear his laugh. That we can watch him run and play and listen to him talk. I pray that Jim and Amy find the strength they need to get through this and that we can be supportive and encouraging. There may be bumps in the road but they will all seem worth it on the day that they can finally take him home where he belongs. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. Happy Birthday Sawyer, we love you.

Carrie Out

No comments: