Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today went okay this afternoon was the interesting part. We played Parkland today, I was really excited and ready to play. It was nice to see all my friends on the team and the weather was beautiful. The game was not as beautiful not at all. We lost 11-1 and 7-0 and both were ugly. Most of our infield cannot make a solid play to save their lives. It is just so frustrating I have never lost a game by ten runs in my life. I know we have the ability but Coach isn't putting people in the right places to get the job done. I played left and center and played well, actually could throw the ball, and went 3-5. It just bothers me in way different then everyone else. I sat out my senior year, frustrated because I knew I had the ability to play but I couldn't use it because of surgery, and the team played well. Well this year I worked really hard to get my arm ready and am playing well but my team isn't. I don't know this just seems unfair to me but its life and I realize this. Its just a rough adjustment going from a softball school that's all. Its also hard to watch my teamates and friends play for other teams, I missed out on so much because of my injury there are times I just want them back to play with. I caught myself a couple times today almost cheering for them up to bat and everytime I got on base I talked to them. I actually called them after the game just to hash somethings out, it was nice to catch up. I have gotten to the point with my team that I am no longer playing the role of the freshman but I am stepping up as the leader I just don't think some of them know what its like to win and I am tired of it. A nice part of the game: I pretty much had my own little cheering section. Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Freddie, Jay, Amber and the Girls, Coach Wilson and Ali, Coach Thomas and Ryan, Ashley, some other kids from school and even my friends parents from the other team. It just feels nice to be supported, for once in softball people come to see me I am no longer the "other" one like I was in highschool.

Carrie Out

No comments: