Friday, January 30, 2009

Student Teaching

I did not want to awake for work this morning...but I did. It was pretty boring, the football team lifts on Friday mornings so no one else comes in. I did some of my reading assignments for next week. I actually left 1/2 hour early today, no one noticed. I left because I was tired and wanted to take a quick nap so I could be alert. I started student teaching today so I wanted to make sure I had enough time to change drive to Kingsley and figure out where I am supposed to park. I accomplished it all. I have been assigned to a 6th grade classroom where I will work 2 hours every Friday. I will have half a block of the gifted class in Social Studies, a full block of Social Studies, and a full block of Language Arts. I am looking forward to once again getting to be active in the classroom. After my kids were changing classes a little girl came up and asked me my name. I told her Ms. Williams, she said "Are you Carrie Williams?" I said yes. She got really excited and went on this ramble, You play for the IWU basketball team, you are number 5, I like how you shoot free throws, my parents say you are a good shooter, I go to all your home games, and on and on. It was cute, we may not have many fans but the ones we do have are intense. Grabbed a quick PB & J for lunch then headed to practice. Nothing too fancy today we play North Central tomorrow. I ate dinner with the team then Nikki came to visit. I met her and Chelsea and Paul, then we went to Hooters for dinner. It was great to spend some time with them. We hung at Chels apartment for awhile then it was back here. I am ready for the weekend.

Carrie Out

No comments: