Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Squirrel

Just got back from the dollar theater. As I've told you the place is awesome! We went to see "Up." Lys and I took Ryker to see it this summer when it first came out but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to see it again. It's a really good movie. The day started with me not wanting to get out of bed, but doing it anyways. At work I sat tiredly. I read a Sport's Illustrated and did a lot of nothing. On my way back to my room these squirrels were fighting in the tree. One threw the other out of the tall tree and it landed "smack" on the sidewalk right in front of me. It laid all rigid like for a few seconds, then crazy ran on his right side before using all four legs again. I was amused. Instead of lunch I spent 45 minutes praying and reading the Bible. It's my CIY challenge. We all got envelopes at conference with cards in them and if we opened them we had to do what they said. Some were real crazy like spending time in another country, but our kids got pretty doable ones, like giving up soda. Meggi and I both got the card that says to skip lunch once a week and instead spend the time in devotion and prayer. It was a good time to refocus. When I was done I was still tired so I slept until my next class. My body has just kinda been run down since I've started school, prolly cause I've been sick. For class I was supposed to read 55 pages of Booker T. Washington's "Up From Slavery," I read it in class instead. It was more entertaining than listening to Old Man River and I was doing my homework for his class at the same time, everybody wins. Next came pick-up we played for an hour and a half then had to start pre-season testing. We weighed in, were measured, ran a timed suicide, tested our vertical, and did some zig-zaggy cone run I renamed the drunk monkey. We were tired. We grabbed dinner at Tommy's cause we could and then I came back to the room and chilled until the movie. Now I think I'm gonna actually go read something before I go to class...or maybe not:)

Carrie Out

No comments: