Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Report

I am truly convinced that there is no better place to experince fall then small town central Illinois. I was home for the whole weekend and well I just love harvest time. I like to drive past the fields, follow tractors down the back roads, and look at the leaves. I love Friday night football and Sunday afternoon football. I like weiner roasts, playing with the dog, and bike rides. Tis just a lovely season. Anywas my weekend blew by and was packed jam crazy. Kicked it off with a Friday visit to see Jodi and Trey. Ahhh it was perfection I sat and held him for a solid 3 hours, heaven. Then it was off to football for a little Spartan action...and another victory. Saturday morning I got up nice and early to go watch Taylor and Ryker play soccer, entertaining. I piddled the afternoon away doing homework. This weekend was what I dubbed Norvapalooza at church. It was the celebration of our senior minister Norv's 25th year at MCC. Saturday night my highschoolers and I served food at a banquet held in his honor. Then there was a special service held after. It actually was done quite tastefully and was enjoyable, I wasn't expecting that. This morning church service was all about Norvert too. It was 2 hours long but broken up nicely between mini sermons and really good music. The whole thing was not as uncomfortable as I was fearing it was going to be. Plus I got to spend some time with Mike and Michelle Case so that made whatever annoying things totally worth it, I love them. This afternoon I did some more homework and watched the Packers choke, not happy. Then it was off to youth, we are studying Paul in Rome and I think it's really cool. We played some games, ate some food, and got our Jesus on. Went to Troy and Beth's on my way back to school to watch the first half of the Cowboys game and hang out. Then it was back to school where I finally completed my German essay for tomorrow, pressure is my friend. Tomorrow I have my first test of the semester over a book I didn't read...oops.

Carrie Out

No comments: