Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It's Over

I hate the ending of things, too much change too quickly. We lost tonight and basketball for me here at Lincoln College is over. Am I sad about the ending of this season? Not particularly it has been a rough one, but I am sad about the ending of basketball here in itself. Through all it's ups and downs I do not regret for one minute making the decision to come and play here. The great memories far outweigh the problems. I will miss going to practice everyday with my friends, playing with the kids, and spending two hours being continuously picked on by both Coaches. I will miss the bus rides, singing as loud as we can and listening to each others stories. I will miss the competitive nature of each game and the locker room talks. I will miss playing in this gym, it's tiny but it grows on you. I will miss the game but that I can continue. It is the people here that I will miss the most, they really did become my family. Coach was talking to the four of us after the game. The locker room talk wasn't much our teamates are frustrating. She told us on the bus that she wanted us to know that there were tears for us she just couldn't let them see them. Coach T was the mood lightener but he was even a little somber for awhile. Not long enough though he soon returned to his badgering of me, but God help me I love him. I just still can't believe it's over. Even with softball already started it's gonna be a rough transition.

Carrie Out

No comments: