Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

Wow that chem test this morning, it was a doozy. I don't think I fared too well, there were things on there I swear we never learned. Did some homework and grabbed a quick lunch with the team before I headed to work. I spent my work listening to the Dan Patrick show on my IPOD. I have become addicted to that program it's sports and funny, my favorites. Creative writing was workshopping and brainstorming for our next piece. Philosophy was spent doing reading questions in class. I kind of liked that, especially since it equaled me not having homework. Today was our day off from basketball. I love and my body loves days off. After class I headed home to vote. Can I tell you how much I love fall in the country. Even being so close to the country you don't get it here in Bloomington. I love the tractors and cornfields, the haze of the harvest, that smell that is just distinct of autumn. I cast my ballot then went to Lys house. She and Ryker were outside when I drove by so I stopped in. Ryker and I played making leaf angels and having leaf fights, ahh fall. Stopped by home talked to Mom and Brent and played with the dog. Then I met Kelsey and we went to Atlanta to see the Finchums and have dinner. I haven't seen them since probably August, it was a long overdue visit. Dinner was sooo much better than cafeteria and the girls were cracking me up. They get real wound up when I haven't visited in awhile. We even got the joys of helping Jay carry in a stove and dishwasher. My huge muscles were a big help. It was great to see them and a nice evening. So Obama is President. I know a lot of people around here love to hate him, but I honestly don't think he will do a bad job. No I don't agree with everything he says and does but sometimes I don't think that really matters. There will never be anyone in office I completely agree with, that doesn't mean that they can't make a difference. I also think this election is obviously very important in race relations. I am proud to be part of an election that made history, that can make a change and I hope it opens the eyes of those who aren't so accepting across the country.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Carrie! Very nicely put! Thanks for your comments about this election. :)