Sunday, November 30, 2008

I win!

Wow I have been MIA for awhile, but in action I have been. Break (or what I had of one) flew by way too fast. It was filled with practice, coughing my lungs out, driving back and forth, and some lovely Holiday fun. Thanksgiving at Browns was joyous as always. I love food, playing with my babies, football, my family, and the fact that Christmas season has officially begun...even though I began celebrating a few weeks ago. And today I woke up to the sight of a beautiful first snow, minus the fact it made getting anywhere a hassle. We had 9 am practice this morning which ruined anyway of going to church. This bummed me out because I once again missed out on seeing Lauren, minus the fact that practice made my chest burn and I was a bit dizzy. After practice we went to a service/tree dedication in the quad for one of the men's basketball players who was killed this summer in a rafting accident. I didn't know him but we went as a team it was a nice service. Walking across campus it felt like we were in Narnia, magical. Then we went out for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was delicious and a lot of fun minus the fact that the Packers game was on and they lost. Hung out at a teammates house then headed to Shirk to watch the boys play. And here's the exciting part of my day, I won 200 dollars. They Student-Athlete committee decided to have halftime contests at the games this year. Every student at the game is entered then names are drawn. You have 20 seconds to make a layup, free throw, and 3-pointer and if you make them all you get 200$ to the bookstore and take a half-court shot for 500$. You shoot a mens ball at the mens game and womens at ours. I made all my shots with time to spare and barely missed my halfcourter, 200 dollars should cover about half my books for next semester and I got a 10$ gift certificate to a campus restaurant, awesome. The rest of the day has been spent in the room worn out. I wrote a paper, watched the Jets lose, and then watched a Christmas Story and Elf. My head hurts from coughing I need to lay down.

Carrie Out

No comments: