Thursday, November 20, 2008

Opening Weekend

Can I just tell you how much I wish I was going on Thanksgiving break tomorrow like all my friends at ISU? I am just ready to be done with this semester. I didn't have chem today so I may have slept until noon. Okay I did sleep until noon. Got up and grabbed lunch then hit up class. I got a card from aunt Lynn today, it was much appreciated! Mail makes my day. We workshopped stories today in creative writing and just kind of messed around. Philosophy was had today and was boring. I think I spent it drawing in my notebook. Off to practice. We don't do much on the day before games. We leave tomorrow for our opening tournament somewhere by St. Louis. I will never touch the floor but I hope it will be fun. We even got out of practice early today, no objection here. Went to dinner at the cafeteria, vegetarian lasagna, delicious. Showered then packed my gear for the weekend. Went to the Campus House around 8 for prayer time. We are way short on finances so we doing a Holiday donation fundraiser of sorts in an attempt to help. Kelsey C. and I were craving some Fusion Brew when we were done so that is just where we headed. It was tasty. Came back and had worship and fellowship with the guys before our small group. It was more of a get things off your chest night but still good. Now I need to get ready for bed and the weekend that awaits.

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Okay, you are too much like me . . .straight A student who can't handle the chemistry. SERIOUSLY. I hated chemistry. Luckily I only took it in high school, and the professor let me write a research paper to bring my D up to an A. hahaha In college, I took physical science and could barely handle that! Why are you taking this class? That's my question.

And as for philosphy . . .again, not a favorite choice of mine either. Just make it through the semester and hopefully things will start to look up class-wise!