Sunday, November 16, 2008

Frisatunday

So I took the weekend off...my bad. Lets pick up where we left off.

Friday: Morning practice was killer. It wouldn't have been bad on a normal day but on a less then 12 hour turnaround following a marathon practice on Thursday, wow. Our legs were dead and our minds were tired. I think I pulled in like 3 hours of sleep, not good. Worked all the day long and actually got some homework done. I even made flash cards to study for my next chem test. Now that's something I've never done, maybe I can pass this time. All free time between work was spent napping and running errands. Went to one of my teammates house to hangout and have some pizza. They were babysitting the trainers dog, it is a questionable decision to leave your pet with us. I don't think it will be the same dog when they get it back. Then we all headed downtown to the hockey game. We went to support our teammate who sold tickets to fund raise for the global medical brigade. We had fun hanging out and my first ever hockey game, not bad, borderline entertaining, but I didn't see a fight. Next I headed to the campus house my small group was having a sleepover. It was out of control we played dumb games and laughed ridiculously most of the time. After much fun I checked out at 3:30 am.

Saturday: I slept for well 5 hours, another poor sleeping decision. We had been given a great gift a whole weekend off from basketball practice. I got up and headed to Grandma's. First we went to Morton I hadn't seen Sam and Clay for too long visitation was necessary. We had fun running around and playing, I don't think he could be any cuter. Lynn and Richard came over too, it was great to see them. Rich kept pestering me, suprise suprise. Overall it was a nice visit, good choice Carrie. After lunching at Taco Bell, yum, it was back to Grandma's. I put up her Christmas tree. I know I know you're thinking it's way early but it is the only weekend I will have free for forever. It was now or never and I had already declared it Christmas time so it worked for me. I got it all put up and decorated. Grandma told me it was one of the prettiest ones she's ever had, I called myself the Christmas Elf she said I was the Christmas Angel. Hahahah, Grandma's sucking up. I had fun decorating though and it did look nice. The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out, doing my laundry, and actually writing a paper, relieving. When I got ready to leave my car wouldn't start. Apparently I left my interior lights on, dead battery. We called Ron and Kip to come help neither were home. Considering they are the only men I know in Tremont I was almost stuck, until Ron got home shortly thereafter and came and fixed it right up. Thanks Ron! Uncle Kip is old and frail he wouldv'e been a tough choice anyways:) Went home then to Peoria with the parents to do a little shopping. I am looking for new Puma's my shoes are old and torn up. My trip was unsuccessful.

Sunday: Got up and headed to church, it was good to be home. I like the church here its just not home. Service was good and Chris's sermon actually was decent. It was nice to see some people and catch up. I went to Sunday School, Toby was teaching, I miss that man, he cracks me up. Watched some football (The Packers finally played well and against the Bears, double victory), played with the dog, and then headed back to school to work. I spent my time studying my flash cards, I think I got them under control. After work I put away laundry and cleaned up my room, that hasn't happend in a while. I had to go pick up Ryan Hopp and bring him to school to work on our group presentation for education class. He drives me crazy, still doesn't have his part done and it's been assigned for 2 months. He lives off campus had left his car at school and somehow got home last night although he doesn't know how. Boys. After our meeting I went to Dick's to see Kelsey. It was some kind of employee discount day so she wanted me to come in and see if I wanted anything and she could get it cheap for me. I didn't find anything but I did get to see Amber, so that was good. I hit up T.J. Max on the way home to check for Pumas, none in my size. The rest of the night was spent on dinner, homework, and Brothers & Sisters. I am going to bed now to try and get some adequate rest.

Carrie Out

No comments: