Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 2: My plant is stil alive but we are still not sure of the species. I am taking it to the science building tomorrow so the teachers can help me.
Our softball game got cancelled today so once again I reveled in my freedom. It feels SO nice to have break, I definately could have used it sooner. I used the free time to finish my 10 page paper which is quite a relief. I wrote it on fiction so it was actually kind of enjoyable to do. I had to check out a couple of books I had previously read and got reinterested in them I read them again. One is called Tears of a Tiger, it is a really good book about teenagers and dealing with death and tragedy. It is focused around one boys grief and depression over the death of his friend who died in a drunken car crash in which he was the driver. There is a poem in it I really like: It's dark where I am And I cannot find the light. There are shadows all around me And my heart is full of fright. Everyone is cheerful. They never even see That storm clouds are forming Upon the peaceful sea. I cannot see the future And I cannot change the past but the present is so heavy I don't think I'm going to last. I don't know I just think the timing of the book rentering my life was a little ironic still it's a good quick read. Something random about tonight: I was watching American Idol Gives Back and the show was really good and had a good point but here's what I don't understand. Why do those rich people just stand up there and advocate but not do much to help. I mean sure they make big deals out of donating a hundred thousand dollars but to some of them that is nothing more than pocket change. Heck in Friends final season each actor made a million dollars a show but that is nothing unreal. 100,000 is a tenth of one work day, this seems weak to me. If they truly cared that much I think they would donate more. Sometimes I just wished celebrities would live on a normal salary and donate all their extravagant excess to a good cause. Because really why do they derserve lavish mansions and cars when there are little kids starving, sick, and sleeping on the streets.

Carrie Out

No comments: