Friday, April 06, 2007

I normally don't post when I am at home, but today I felt the need. It's funny I write these things where anyone can read them but I hate it when people are around while I write them, I know confusing. I went to see Sawyer today, thank you Amy very much for letting us come. I was nervous to go in the room once I got there but Kathy took me back. He is in this incubator thing in the back of the NICU that is all covered with blankets and has pictures in it. I really don't know what I was expecting when I saw him but I was utterly amazed with just how perfect he is. He has ten fingers and toes just like any other baby and he is beautiful if I loved him before I love him even more now. He is like a tiny angel he kept moving his little hands and feet around and I don't know why this surprised me but he is just so....I don't know...normal and it is wonderful. He is having a rough time with his kidneys right now but everyone is hopeful, keep up the prayers, I just feel like he's gonna make it, he's a fighter and a miracle from God. After seeing him we stopped by Sam's to see Clayton it felt good to just hold him and kiss him. Knowing the rougher side of things makes me see how blessed we have been with him and Kyleigh. Makes you really appreciate the things I do have in my life, even my own brothers. We wanted to get Sawyer something so I picked out a book that when I read it I knew it had to go to him. If we trust God he can turn the worst situations into some of the best. Trust in God.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

By the way, Sawyer loved hearing that book. He would always relax and go right to sleep when we read it to him.