Thursday, April 26, 2007

I really do not understand death
And my guess is I truely never will
But with each time it happens around me
It gets even harder still

My knees they ache from praying
My eyes still fill with tears
From having said too many goodbyes
Throughout the passing years

A weight it fills my heavy heart
My feet they drag the ground
My will is quickly losing might
from the baggage I carry around

Sometimes it seems too hard to bear
I wish I could set it all free
And clear out the mangled emotions
That have set up a dwelling in me

My heart it would fly to the skys
My feet they would float off the floor
My soul it would soar up to heaven
And bust through it's golden doors

My Jesus would run and embrace me
And hold me so tight in his arms
My fear and my pain it would leave me
My heart it set free from harm

But God has given me the gift of life
The blessings of hope and love
So until the day I get called home
My faith will be placed up above

Just a poem I wrote about what I have been feeling lately. It feels good to get it out in writing.

No comments: