Saturday, April 14, 2007

Let love and faithfullness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3
We miss you already, but knowing that you took a part of each of us with you makes us feel some comfort knowing that you will forever be surrounded by our love. The sad part is that the pieces you took with you left tiny holes in our hearts. Sleep in peace sweet baby boy.

The funeral service today was very nice and also very hard. All of our family came, which is sad to know we are all enduring the same thing, but also comforting knowing the love and support that is there. It's not the being there that hurts but knowing why we were there that brings pain. I read a letter to Sawyer during the service it was extremely hard to do but I kept my composure I kept praying to God to give me the strength to stand up and read it. Really some of the saddest parts about funerals is watching the people around you hurt and grieve so much. It is hard to see people you love in so much pain especially people who you rely on to be strong and be protectors. I cannot even begin to imagine what Amy and Jim are going through but am proud of how far they have made it, their faith is inspiring. Just being at the funeral kept sending flashbacks through my head, portraits of other people I have seen pass onto heaven. I have been to more funerals and visitations in the past four years than I would wish on anyone and no one is easier than another. Each one leaves an impression on you, some you wish weren't there and others you can't hold onto tight enough. I do know this though grief never totally goes away but it does soften, it does get a little better as you face each new day. Is it fair that God puts us through such sorrow and suffering? Is it fair to have to watch as your loved ones pass on without knowing why? Maybe not but I think if we knew the answers to such questions we would lose our fear of God our belief that he is the all knowing, we would know answers but be lost. To me I find it hard to believe but think the latter is better.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: