Thursday, April 12, 2007

To be honest I really don't know what to write tonight, I just feel worn out. I have made it through school with the help and understanding of some good friends and teachers. It is a nice feeling to know that some people out there still think of others just not themselves all the time. This is a little odd but not really, lately I have just been drawn to listening to praise music which luckily I have quite the stock of. I must've listened to Held a good 15 times in the past twenty four hours. It is just a song I remember our youth listening to when Scott died and just crying because it was so true and in some way comforting to us. They always say God doesn't give you more than you can handle still it is hard not to feel cheated sometimes. All I can say is that whenever something is taken away God always puts it back. Not always how we want it or even in ways that we see it, but it's there shouting at us when we're not listening and holding us tight when we are running, relentlessly pursuing all that we have. All we can do is ask for God's guidance, for him to show us the way we should go with our lives, for him to help us through the hard times, and stay by our sides during the good, and for him to continue to open our eyes to the wonderful blessings he has already given to us in life, and even those he was taken away, because we will always have them in our hearts. Even in the midst of the not so good God always sends so much greatness. No Jesus, No hope, Know Jesus, Know Hope.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Carrie,

It is so neat that you posted the lyrics for "Held" and you have been listening to it so much. We first heard of it when we lost Brian, and we have loved it since then. After losing Sawyer, we decided to choose it as his song for the funeral. You did not even know that, but you posted the lyrics. You have been in touch with Sawyer since before he was born. I hope you know how lucky he was to have a cousin like you. You were loving and good to him, and you still are . . .he will always know this and always love you so much. You have turned out to be a pretty amazing young woman, and I hope that you continue to stay strong and gain insight through all of this. It is hard--Jim and I, like you, feel cheated in a way, and very disappointed and sad. But we have to hold on to our faith and know that our baby boy is with God and his brother now. That's the only thing to keep us going. I have been angry with God, but I can't doubt his goodness or grace because I witnessed a miracled in Sawyer. You saw him too, and you know how perfect and beautiful he was. We will always hold him in our hearts until we meet him again.

Love you!
Amy