Monday, April 16, 2007

We split our games today should have won them both, but what can you do? I went 2-6 a little weaker than I would have liked, oh well. I played really well defensively again though so that was nice. Our assisstant Coach came up to me after the game and told me that I was doing a really good job of being a team leader especially as a freshman in the way I play, the things I say, my attitude, and hardwork on and off the field, and that she really appreciated it. It was really nice to hear that because sometimes it seems like my best efforts just go unoticed.

I have really been struggling with something the past couple of days. I don't understand what other people are thinking. I can't wrap my mind around why so many people here get so worked up over the dumbest most immature things. I don't get why most people have so little respect for the people around them or above them. I just don't get how people can complain about the most miniscule things in their lives. It is just frustrating to hear others harping about mistreatment and bad days when really what they are going through is not that big of a deal. I would not wish the things that have happend to me to make me realize life is more than little problems on anyone, but it just gets hard when some people have absolutely no idea what real pain and loss feels like. There is more to life than that. These last couple of days my heart has just been aching and I have really been missing those I have lost. I know it will slowly get better but right now it just feels so unfair again. Why do some people lose so much and others go through life seemingly unscathed? I know I know, it's all part of God's plan, but man sometimes that just doesn't seem to make sense. I guess that is the beauty of it. Okay so lately I know I have really been drawing from the Bible and music but I got something again today that I find encouraging. It is from a Relient K song called For the Moments I Feel Faint-"Never underestimate my Jesus. You're telling me that there's no hope, I'm telling you you're wrong. Never underestimate my Jesus. Cause when the World around you crumbles, He will be strong, He will be Strong."

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

I'm going through the same thing. Sometimes I feel like if one more person complains about something stupid I'm going to blow up! They just don't get the importance of every day.