Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Right now my life just feels so overwhelming. Like I am barely holding my head above the surface and am struggling to get air with each new wave that comes through. I feel lost and hurt and am finding it hard to know where to turn, I just can't keep up. I have so much going on, I play a double header everynight seven days a week. I miss more classes than I can count in order to catch my buses. I leave campus before noon everyday and don't get back until 8 or 9 at night. What I am missing I don't have the time to make up, by the time I get back after a game all the professors are gone. I have tons of homework and a end of term paper to write for every class I am in, yet I struggle to find much free time to do them in. I am sick and I am sad and as a result of this I find myself getting less and less sleep every night, I don't know how much more I can take. It seems like with each new day I have something more piled onto my plate, even though it is already full. I hurt and I feel guilty about it. I don't always feel like I deserve to miss Sawyer as much as I do feel as sad as I do. I know this is a dumb way to feel but right now I am just too overwhelmed and confused. Why do I have a right to mourn? He wasn't my son, my grandson, my nephew, but he was my family and I loved him. I guess I just didn't realize you could miss someone so much after knowing them for so little, still my heart aches for him. My days aren't bad most of the time I enjoy them and actually they are getting better but I face them with a heavy heart that is getting harder to carry around each day.
We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, becauses God has poured out his love into our hearts byt the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Carrie,
You have every right to miss Sawyer and mourn for him. We would be a little hurt if others didn't love him too, you know? You were his cousin, and you were a good cousin who loved him and cherished him. Your grief is not the same as ours, that is true, but neither is our grief the same as my parents, or as grandma's, etc. We all have different experiences with our grief and suffering. The way I look at it is that all of the sadness is an expression of the love people had for our child, and how could that not touch our hearts? I wouldn't want people NOT to care, or NOT to miss him, you know? It's hard to explain, because you hate to say you wish sadness on anyone, yet you don't want people to forget to miss your children. I miss both of them very much, and I never want Brian to be overlooked or forgotten--that's why it meant a lot that you wrote on his memorial the other day. Just keep going through whatever it is you need to go through. Don't feel guilty and don't let yourself worry about it. Your feelings are your own and you have every right to feel them.

We love you.