Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day 3 of Operation Keep My Plant Alive is a success. I took my plant to Mr. Grunder he told me its species some big name I can't remember, but he did instruct me on how to care for it. Less water the better and moderate sun, I think I can do that. I always knew the biology of a plant, you know photosynthesis and pistols and that jazz, who knew caring for one would be so much harder to understand.

I haven't been here much today and I rather liked it. I did watch a funny movie today in government called Thank You for Smoking it doesn't much sound it but man did it make me laugh. I haven't laughed like that in a long while. Alyssa and Ryker then met me for the afternoon. We went to McDonalds so Ryker could play, I miss them. We just sat around and talked and caught up which was nice for us but not so appreciated by Ryker who kept wanting me to play with him. He makes me smile. After that I came back here for softball which I had not been missing but practice wasn't all too bad I guess. For dinner Jay and Amber called and came and got me eating out with two little girls is always an adventure but at least it is a good one. I went to an art exhibit this evening for extra credit here on campus. It was of students work in the art classes here. I miss art class so much that was the one place where I felt totally in control and at ease about what I was doing. It is like drawing your feelings out on paper in a secret code only you understand. I am working on a drawing right now though and it has been very helpful in helping me sort out some things. I just like the outlet. People have good days and people have bad days but I have come to realize that any day you are alive is a special gift from God himself.

Carrie Out

1 comment:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

You should just keep up your art on your own. I find that writing helps me too.