Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Home Again Home Again Jiggety Jig

I am home...I miss Lincoln already. I find it incredibly ironic that the day I moved in I couldn't wait for this day and now that it's here I wish that it wasn't. I can remember talking to my cousins and friends about how scared I was to go to college and how much I didn't want to. They kept telling me once I got there I would never want to leave. I didn't believe them then...I do now. I spent the morning cleaning and packing up my final little things, I hate doing this. Packing and unpacking just irratates me, the mound of stuff overtaking the floor in my room mocks me. I met my friends and Coach Thomas for our last lunch of the year in the caf. I won't miss the food, I will miss the people. I found myself not even eating but just drinking in the compainionship and conversation, I felt the hunger later. After lunch I took my government final, I am not gonna lie, my hand cramped but I got it done in and hour. I also found out I got an A on my Math test. I am waiting on two more grades before I know my gpa. The rest of the time before I left was filled with goodbyes, goodlucks, and see you laters. That's the weird part of a Junior College, you are only with the kids older than you for one year. It is hard to let go. I left thankyou cards under Coach Thomas and Coach Wilson's doors. They both called me to thank me and let me know that it meant a lot to them, they did a lot for me I just wanted to let them know I appreciated it. Thanking people for thanking you it's a bit ironic. It's just that I have learned in very tough ways the importance of letting people know you care and appreciate them before it's too late. All my friends said "We'll send one next year." What if there is no next year? Why not just send two.

Carrie Out

No comments: