Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Drugs Suck

There are mutant june bugs in this house. They are attacking from all angles. I wish I had something to get rid of them besides my hands. I don't like the feeling of their wings scraping my palms. Today I really didn't do anything, I need to work on that. I did do a little more packing and some laundry though. For the three weeks until I start working I have assumed the position of live in maid...too bad it doesn't pay. I went and watched Brent's last home game tonight, it was thrilling...not. But that is just the amazingly supportive type of sister I am:) Lys and Ryker came to the game so I spent most of it playing with Ryker. He was bouncing off the walls like always, I bring out the best in children.

So I have a problem, well not really me but it has been on my mind a lot lately and I feel like unloading it. I have an old friend who I grew up with that is making a mess of his life. I haven't really talked to him in about a year because I got tired of the way he was ruining himself and listening to him make excuses when I confronted him. He is into drugs, drinks excessively, and smokes. He should graduate this year but because of his decisions he probably won't and it breaks my heart. I miss the good guy he was, I miss the old memories, I miss the old him. His parents do not parent which is a root of his problems he knows he can do whatever he wants and get away with it so he does. I pray everday that God would help him and open his eyes, guide him in the right direction, but I just don't see progress. Here's something else that bothers me about him. The person he hates the most in this world is the girl who killed Scott, but what he doesn't see is he is that girl. He is headed down her path, making the same decisions, and doesn't realize that every wrong step he takes doesn't just affect him, but everyone around him who loves him and cares about him. This may sound bad but I wish that God would just break him and shatter his heart wide open so he will finally recognize what he is doing and get help. I just want him to be okay, but right now I don't think that is possible.

Carrie Out

No comments: