Sunday, May 20, 2007

Graduation a Time for Nostalgia

Today has been as promised a busy day. Today was graduation Sunday at church I always like watching the slide show of the graduates. Dustin was even there today which for him is a major accomplishment. I talked to him for awhile and it almost seemed like the old him, I keep hoping everything will turn out right, he did graduate today though which is one step forward. Today also marks one year since Julian died. He was a little 4 year old boy at our church who I babysat and often played with. He was such a sweet little boy is greatly missed but today his parents were baptized I just thought that was really cool. After church we did yard work outside and attempted to empty our nasty pool water, it was really gross and the bugs were annoying. After that I met Darci, Kelsey, and Emily to go to Michelle's graduation party. I skipped the ceremony way too boring for me. The party was nice, I just like the fact that she graduated, she has had a lot of change in her life in such a little time. I hope that she continues to accomplish things in her life and doesn't settle just because she has a child. My hope for her is that she can find a workable balance of both. It was nice though to just be at her party catching up with old friends and looking at pictures from when we were little. I can't believe how much we have all changed but tonight even if it only was for a couple of hours we were back to those naive little girls who thought all that mattered in the world was playing ball, being together, and having fun. I look at those pictures with nostalgia but also hope for the future because I know we all will continue to do great things. Bed is calling my name I start watching Paige tomorrow, I don't know if this whole 6:30 wakeup thing is gonna work out for me.

Carrie Out

No comments: